Wednesday 6 February 2013

Pretty Perfect Pad: Foyers

It's time for another... 


This time we're talking foyers!

-S-
Light, airy, fresh and with a touch of glam seems to be what I'm always drawn towards. These are a few spaces that I'd definitely be using as foyer inspo if I were building my dream home.


A round table is one of my fav looks in a spacious foyer.


I don't think I've seen a more stunning home than Lauren Santo Domingo's apartment. 
I love the floors and neutral palate in this entry, and the Pierre Frey fabric just rocks this space. 


Some form of brass is always a must!




I'm also very partial to a fun statement tile like above and below... 




And on the polar opposite end of the fresh/airy spectrum - I'm pretty sure I'd give anything for this little situation goin' on here!


-C-

Classic with a twist sums up the design 
aesthetic for my dream foyer.

No biggie surprise, I think my favourite foyer has
to be this one in Ruthie Sommer's home.


I love how all of the elements work together: 
the grasscloth wallcovering, the scale of the pattern 
on the floor and the floors themselves, antique urns, 
settees, drapes.

And the perfect balance between formality and accessibility.

The b+w floors are a MUST in my dream foyer btw!!

My father's childhood home had this flooring in its 
foyer and so there is a certain nostalgia about them 
in addition to them being  both so classic 
and gorgeous.

This next pic is actually a hotel in Italy, 
but it's stunning and would work perfectly as a foyer.


Love these floors as well...


And not your usual suspects, large-scale 
pieces of furniture -  e.g. settee, round 
table, bench etc. are another must have.



Would love a foyer large enough to 
accommodate a circular sofa.

This next piece is gorgeous.



Lastly, I'm not at all about sparse for the front entry. 

I like there to be layers and "stuff" and lots of it!




There you have it folks.
Be back next week with another 
Pretty Perfect Pad post!!

Happy day friends!!

Sarah and Christine
xoxo



















No comments:

Post a Comment