Tuesday 15 January 2013

Random Musings

A little bit of a random post today!

Here's some (not so great quality) pictures of a few of the pieces that we picked up over the weekend. 
*Please don't judge me on the styling - or lack thereof - I haven't had time to figure it all out, and my 1 year old ends up throwing it all on the floor anyways!*

One of our new consoles. 
Still trying to decide if this should stay here or not. The room is already full of black and I'm not sure when enough is enough ;)


Finally a coffee table! It's been too long with having nothing...


Our little entry sofa.



Loving how it feels in the space - still a little unsure on the colour in real life.
Oh and again with the kiddies - just noticed the one random vase in the middle of the table after I posted this!

......

Next on my list is our playroom (the door on the left of the above pic). 
It's one of those rooms that no matter how I try I can't nail it down. We bought a larger version of the above sofa for there, but I'll be making a few changes to it due to some unforeseen issues. I can't decide if I want to go beige, black, black leather or some other colour for the upholstery.

I've also been tossing around the idea of painting the walls a rosey pink. Something similar to either of these colours...

Mythic Paint - Rose Day

Mythic Paint - Rose Shard

But again.. can't fully decide. 

I'm also loving the new Kasbah rug by West Elm


So that's an option, however I haven't seen it in person so that could change. I'd love some Madeline Weinrib action, but it's not all that practical with little ones!

I also need to figure out some chairs for extra seating - if only I could get my hands on a pair of reasonably priced Platner Side Chairs I'd be one happy girl!



Anyways, stay tuned on that front as I'm sure I'll be throwing around more ideas in the near future.

.....

Here are two spaces that I've recently come across and have been loving!`






Well, that's all for now! 



S.

5 comments:

  1. Your new coffee table is great! I am loving that Kasbah rug too. Yels x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those marble pillows... where are they from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pillows are actually Kelly Wearstler for Sferra - the Quartz collection (I think). They are supposed to be for your bed, but I loved the pattern so bought them for my couch instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh! Love everything, but am especially dying because you have THE Hermes scarf in THE color I want to frame and hang as well!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The velvet chair with the metal accent around the back is TO-DIE-FOR! Love love love it!

    xo sara

    ReplyDelete