Wednesday 9 January 2013

C's Likes for the NY!

Happy New Year 219 readers 
- we've missed you!! 


via Rue Magazine

So today is part two of Sarah's post from Monday 
about our design inspiration for the New Year, 
and oh my, did Sarah nail it or what!!!

And here, a look at what I'm loving for 2013:


1. Saturated Colour

So we all know that emerald green is Pantone's 
colour pick of the year, which thrills me because I 
am all about the saturated colours and jewel tones 
this year -- and not just as accents!

Emerald, sapphire, rose, canary yellow - 
I'm loving it all!

KW


via 1stdibs

via

Miles Redd

2. Velvet

And rich colours + velvet = double love for me!

Long lumbars and bolsters, Billy Baldwin style sofas 
(especially in blues), poufs/ottomans are 
all prime candidates for a little velvet love.

And speaking of velvet pillow goodness, 
we are very excited to be nearing  
the launch of the 219 velvet pillow collection!!

You have already seen B and B's gorgeous tiger pillow:


via shop219.com

... and the collection will be growing to include  
a number of other velvet lovelies!!

Can't wait to share them with you!

Coco Chanel: Manhattan

So darn much to love here - 
colour, black walls, gold sconces, 
and of course, velvet...

3. Tuft

via



via Windsor Smith Home

via

4. Mid-Century

Like Sarah, my love for mid-century pieces endures 
and will without a doubt be a strong influence 
in the year to come.

These days, I'm all about the upholstered parsons chairs, 
the Karl Springer waterfall console and let's be honest, 
any mid-century brass fixture!

via

via
via
My latest purchase and crush:

via shop219.com
Can't wait to get it home!

5. Brass/Gild


And brass/gild are here to stay for me as well!

Rococo-style gilded sconces are one of my favourite 
pieces for this year, and I love how they mix 
with other periods - it's still all about 
the mix!
via 1stdibs

I am also really loving the feel of brass 
wall lamps, and will be using a pair of these babies to 
flank my client's velvet Billy Baldwin style sofa that 
we are in the process of having made. 
via Visual Comfort

And a couple of classics:
via

The faux bamboo brass etagere is a staple in my mind,
and the irresistible Gabriella Crespi Z Desk:
via 1stdibs

6. Pattern-Palooza

And lastly, I am definitely gravitating towards pattern 
this year, and the grander the statement the better!

Aerin Lauder


David Hicks






In closing, I leave you with this quote by 
Albert Hadley that best sums up my design philosophy 
for this coming year and always, really: 

Surround yourself with what you love and 
who you love, and I don't think you can go wrong!

One of my all-time favourite shots:

Iris Apfel via AD

With that, I wish all of you a new year that brings 
you all the fulfillment you so very much deserve!!

Big hugs, Christine















No comments:

Post a Comment