Monday 1 October 2012

I Brake for Chairs!

I brake for beautiful chairs. 

Other than my weakness for a nice glass of a full-bodied, buttery chard, 
my knees buckle for a well-designed chair. 

In fact, in planning my spaces, I give them as much weight - if not more - 
than any other element in the room as I feel as though
a well-chosen chair can really set the tone of a space.

Take for example:

Trad Home

Damn.

Possibly the most elegant, sophisticated and stylish chair in the whole wide world. 


At a loss for words, but I'm gettin' me an idea.

Sarah and I found, loved and bought these chairs not too long ago - aren't they amazing!? 









There are two. 

I adore the lines on these chairs and the proportions 
are perfect - low back so ideal in the entrance 
to a room to make way for the view beyond. 

Clearly they need a little help. A little leopard perhaps?

Only thing - I'm thinking two Lady Leopards might just be 
too much of a good thing. 
So either Sarah and I will each be housing one of 
the twins or we'll have to choose a different fabric. 

I've also been aching to do some chairs in yellow
- agggh - so many options.

Suggestions?? Would love to hear!

I also have this chair on the refinish to-do list.



(This photo is post-newly moved in, so the room 
is looking awfully sparse).

Anyway, this chair is in our living room adjacent to my 
office, and let me just say that it's been 
refinished in a million different fabrics in my mind. 
As of late, though, there are two contenders: 


Lee Jofa Threads - Shadows in Fig

Got this fabric from Shannon Darby of the Designer's Attic
Am sure you've all heard of her, but she's one of 
my first clicks in the a.m., and my office is 
getting pretty darn full with all the 
amazing fabrics she features! 

(Guess I have a fabric weakness too :).)

I adore this fabric, and it would be the "smart" decision 
as the walls in my living room are already painted in 
Farrow & Ball's Elephant's Breath. 

But smart decisions are so boring :), so I'm also 
considering repainting the walls a pale blush and using this:
Lee Jofa Kelly Wearstler Feline in Graphite/Rose

But I digress...

Am loving the chair in this interior by Benjamin Dhong and how it energizes the space. 
It's unexpected, interesting and brings the room to life!

Benjamin Dhong via House Beautiful

I also love the impact of the Arne Jacobsen chair into an otherwise very classic interior. 

Benjamin Dhong

(Am doing a living/dining room area for a client 
and thinking this would be the 
perfect addition to his space!)

I adore Canadian designer Katherine Newman's 
use of the same chairs in this interior.



Katherine Newman via Canadian House & Home

 The pale blush is stunning!


And gosh I'm verbose. Keep meaning to do a nice 
succinct post, and it always ends up as more of a chapter. 
Something to work towards...

Anyway, so many chairs, so little time. 
Love them all, but these are what have me 
buckling at the moment...

Kelly Wearstler
Celerie Kemble



Kelly Wearstler: Lounge of the cafe at Bergdorf Goodman

And last one from Sarah's wish list.


via Vogue

With that, I leave you to your Monday :). Hope it's a good one!

C. xo


2 comments:

  1. I'm so with you...chairs...sweet sweet chairs! I vote the KW on your chair and I'm totally OK with doubling up on the leopard. WANT the KW string chairs, a blushy AJ and a pale pink hooded number...yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely the KW feline in graphite/rose....and then PLEASE let me know when you get bored with it ;) xo

    ReplyDelete